- Have you sensed that you were living out of sync with yourself?
- Wondered if patterns from the past keep you from being more confident, alive and healthy?
- Do you long to feel more at ease in your life, relationships and work?
- Have you tried talk therapy and get support and insights, but still wrestle with anxiety and depression ?
Somatic therapies, such as Somatic Experiencing®, have helped many people to be more healthy and experience greater ease and resilience.
This gentle approach utilizes the natural wisdom of our bodies to be resilient with life’s ups and downs. Somatic therapy can help you to discover within yourself innate tools for unlocking the power of your Organic Intelligence™. This process awakens your capacity to have fuller, richer, and happier days, and returns you to your birthright: freedom.
Most people feel better at the end of every session. You will feel renewed with this gentle sustainable process of awakening.
What is Somatic Therapy?
Somatic therapy, sometimes called body-centered psychotherapy or somatic psychology, is a cutting edge approach to helping people heal themselves and transform their lives naturally.
In a somatic approach, the information the body conveys is welcomed. Together we pay close attention to the messages your body is sending.
Actually, you may already be working with your body’s wisdom.
- Have you ever had a “gut feeling,” a wordless sense of something that could be called intuition?
- Perhaps you’ve experienced “butterflies” in your stomach when you feel anxiety or stress.
- You may have experienced heartbreak, the physical pain that goes along with emotional suffering and grief.
Or perhaps you’ve used mindfulness to savor the feeling of ease and comfort in your body. You notice a delicious sigh that happens when you shift into a more relaxed state.
Let Something New Happen
All of these physiological experiences are important to support something new to happen. When you learn to notice and savor the healing potential of physical sensations, you can help your body and mind to heal faster, more completely, and potentially, more enjoyably.